Along with cycling, mountain biking, and fishing, horseback riding is another one of the fabulous activities that outdoor enthusiasts enjoy in the Brevard, Hendersonville, and Asheville area of Western North Carolina. Amazing panaramic views and rugged mountain scenery are the backdrop for riders as they hit the multitude of trails located here in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. State and National forest cover one-third of Transylvania County with miles of trails to provide endless hours of riding opportunities. Dupont State Forest A favorite site for trail riders with 90 miles of trails around beautiful waterfalls with most of the trails being single track and old logging roads.
- The Waterfall Loop This is a great loop affording views of four of the major waterfalls. Many loops can be developed by connecting the trails. All trails are open to horses except for Triple Falls Trail and a few clearly marked hiking trails.
- Lake Imaging Access Area. There are several trails that lead off of this trail, but to do the loop stay on Lake Imaging Road.
Pisgah National Forest The Pisgah National Forest is a popular area for horseback riding. With many loop rides and most trails connect to the South Mills River Trail.
- South Mills River Area Trails Streamside and wooded trails as well as old logging roads ranging between 1 and 12 miles long.
- North Mills River Area Trails here go through fields, run along streams, and follow the ridgetop. Ranging in length from 1-5 miles longs, you'll find easy grades as well as steep, and opportunities for multiple loop rides.
- Davidson River The horseback riding area at Davidson River is several miles from the river. The horse area is near Pink Beds, Cradle of Forestry area.
Biltmore Estate Equestrian Center Over 80 miles of horse trails that include wide open spaces as well as roads and trails along the edge of the beautiful French Broad River. You'll find cross-country jumps and many of the trails also have optional jumps. Don't own a horse but would like to experience this beautiful area of Western North Carolina on horseback? Not a problem! Brevard has several riding stables that offer guided trail rides with experienced guides who will bring you out to explore and safely enjoy the private mountain trails. Balsom Grove Riding Stables, Shoal Creek Road, Brevard, NC 28712 828-862-5759 Pisgah Forest Riding Stables, 476 Pisgah Dr, Brevard, NC 28712 828-883-8258 Free Rein Stables, 420 Las Praderas Cir, Brevard, NC 28712 828-883-3375 Keystone Riding Center, Cashiers Valley Rd, Brevard, NC 28712 828-883-8232 Gwynn Valley, 1080 Island Ford Road, Brevard, NC 28712 828-885-2900 Contact Jay & Jewell Kaiser, we are the most informed professionals in our market area and we will make your Brevard, North Carolina real estate experience productive and successful. Search Brevard NC Real Estate